So summer is drawing to a close and school is starting up again in two or so weeks. I’m going to be a senior in high school and it will be my last first day of school!
My summer was pretty boring to be honest, I didn’t go anywhere or do anything exciting but I did some small things. I thought I’d make a post in the form of a list, enjoy!
(Also shenanigans means mischief technically and I didn’t really get into any of that so irony right?)
1. I went to adventureland with my brothers and mom and to NYC for the day with my family. I also went to BookCon but that was in June before school let out, so it doesn’t really count.
2. I pretty much worked all summer. I’m a lifeguard at a pool and I got so many hours this summer, much more than last summer when I worked at a different pool. (Am I throwing shade, low key yes). I ogled over cute boys at work obviously also. There’s this one coworker who I am majorly crushing on but he’s like 20 going on 21 and I am 16 going on 17 so like there’s no way that’s happening.
3. I watched some movies and tv shows! Finally I watched Wonder Woman and Beauty and the Beast! I also have Doctor Strange and Deadpool that I’m going to watch soon! I watched some tv shows also like Shadowhunters, the Bold Type, and I finished Season 3 of Greys Anatomy but I won’t be continuing. I also had a free Netflix trial where I watched Haters Back Off, New Girl and the Gilmore Girls revival!
4. I read a lot of great books, and a few not so great ones. I did the summer reading program at my library and got chosen to be on the Teenreads.com board which is very exciting!
5. I did my summer assignments and wrote a 3000 word essay. Also did some SAT studying because I’m retaking it in October.
6. I went to my local performing arts theatre and saw Oklahoma and Grease. We have season tickets so I’m also going to be seeing Annie, Once, Singing (Singin’)? in the Rain and Gypsy.
7. I had taekwondo training basically every Saturday and a dance showcase. Today I’m going to my grandma’s birthday party at a Russian restaurant which I’m excited for! I also did a lot of running since I’m training for cross country which starts next week and my half marathon in November.
8. I also listened to some new music, Dodie’s new EP YOU is amazing, In the Middle and Would You be so Kind are my two favorites. Also Kesha’s new stuff is amazing. And Dua Lipa’s New Rules is stuck in my head!!
9. I didn’t date any boys but that’s okay because college is around the corner and cute boys will be there…unlike in high school.
10. I blogged! I revamped my blog with a new theme and published more posts than I had during the school year and commented and liked other people’s posts more!
How was your summer? Did you do anything fun?! Let’s chat!