Thank you so much to Erika in Bookventureland for nominating me!
So…here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions sent to you
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate ten blogs
So let’s get started!
- If you were to be granted three wishes, what would your three wishes be and why? And no, you can’t be clever and wish for more wishes. 😉
-I would wish for a gift card to Barnes and Noble with a billion dollars on it, to spend on the books i want! 🙂 I would also wish for success in school (like getting into a good college and getting a scholarship) And also getting a book published.
2. What book/series to you believe is highly overrated? Underrated?
-Hmm, i guess for overrated, Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. I love the Zoella YouTube channel, and i love Zoe as a person, but her book, to put it bluntly, sucked. I don’t understand how it is a Bestseller, i really don’t. On the other side though, i think that The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewert is highly underrated. I read this trilogy as a preteen, and i completely fell in love with it. The problem is, not many people seem to know about it. 😦
3. If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses (see, smell, touch, taste, and hear) which one would you give up and why? (I know this may be tough, but i’m curious as what you would all say?
-I would get rid of smell probably. I need sight to read, obviously! Then i need hearing to listen to music and hear teachers at school. I love food too much to give up taste, and then touch…well, i feel like not having a sense of touch would be weird. So would smell probably, but i think that i’d get used to it in time.
4. What are some of the common tropes in these books that you are tired of seeing? What are some that you absolutely will never get tired of seeing?
-I suppose the whole, boy and girl fall in love, boy does something to make girl mad, they get back together, happily ever after. That always makes me sigh, because it’s just soooo predicable. I think that i will never get tired of seeing
5. There’s a saying that ” the book is always better than the movie”. However, there are rare instances that this may not be the case. Was there a film adaptation that you thought was much better than the actual book?
-Um, yes actually, Pretty Little Liars, but i think this was because i watched half of the first season, then tried to read the first book, and i just couldn’t finish it. I can’t think of anymore at the moment, but i remember all of these occurrences happened because i watched the movie, then read the book. (Which doesn’t happen very often, i promise!)
6. What makes a book your favorite?Is it the plot, the characters, is it because it changes your life/inspirational, or is it down to memory and circumstance, etc…..
-I feel like a book is my favorite when it leaves an impression on me. It makes me still think about it hours or days after reading it. Just thinking about it makes me feel fuzzy. The characters make me swoon, both genders, and sometimes, the book can me think in a different way or, yes, become inspirational.
7. In your opinion who is the worst literary couple ever?
-Ooh, hard one. Hmm, well, they’re no longer a couple, so i don’t know if this counts, but Magnus Bane and Camille Belcourt. Ugh.
8. Who is your favorite book villain and why?
-I can’t choose! Either the Darkling from the Grisha Trilogy, or maybe Queen Levana, because she’s so evil it’s scary.
9. Imagine living in a society like Fahrenheit 451 where reading is forbidden and books are burned. Through what lengths will you go to make sure that your books are not burned? Like what would you do to make sure no one finds them?
-I would make a room like the one in Now You See Me, and hide all my books in there. (The room is this complicated thing where there’s some kind of mirror involved and you see an empty room, but behind it, it’s not…or something like that. I watched the move a while ago, it just stuck with me) 😉
10. Throughout your whole life, what do you believe has been the greatest advice you ever received?
-I think i’ve received this advice a few times, so, i have confidence problems, so i’ve been told to pretend that nobody cares what you’re doing, and even when you’re super embarrassed, just brush it off. Especially in public places, like, no one is going to remember me, but if they do, it’s not like i’m going to see them again. Did that make sense? Or did i ramble on like an idiot?
Ok, now onto my questions!
- Have you ever had an experience where a stranger was reading a book that you read and loved and you just had to tell them? (Or in a bookstore and you recommended a book to someone there)
- Take two characters from two different books/series, and pair them together…(Like two who you think would be compatible)
- A book that made you sob?
- Would you rather have no hands or no feet?
- A book that made you seriously think about?
- If you had to sacrifice one book on your BOOKSHELF, which one would it be?
- Do you care if people ask you what you’re reading when you’re reading?
- A book with a super pretty cover? Ugly cover?
- If you could be a supernatural book being/character for a day, who would you be?
- A character you just looooove to hate?
Now, onto the 10 people i nominate!
Jenny @ Reader in a Reverie
Erika and Miedjel @ Partners in books
Krista @ Of Love and Wanderlust
Rae @ Bookmark Chronicles
Ok, so that’s it for this Award, thanks again Erika!
Thanks for reading my post, and i’ll see you in the next one!